Current Gaming Projects

Monday, April 8, 2013

Two amazing ladies are gone

I am sure most of you have already heard by now, two amazing ladies have past away today, Margaret Thatcher and Annette Funicello.  




While I am not a British subject and never was affected by Margaret Thatcher's terms as Prime Minister, I have always admire her for her political abilities.  Whether you hate her or love her, I don't think anyone can challenge that she really earned the title, the Iron Lady.





Annette Funicello will always be my favorite Mouseketeer.  While she was a teen idol from my parent's generation, I grew up watch the Micky Mouse Club reruns on our local independent TV station during the weekdays and then on Saturdays watch her and Frankie Avalon in the various beach party movies on the afternoon movies on the same TV station.


Today is just a little more empty.  Goodbye, ladies.

Sapper
   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband was greatly saddened by the loss of Annette today. We talked about what she meant to him as a lad and how innocent and sweet his feelings for her were. She was grand lady.

sapperjoe said...

Yes, she was a class act. It is pity that the more recent former Mouseketeers didn't follow her example.

Joe